Mars Bar Cheesecake
For the base
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 150g butter
For the cheesecake
- 2x 280g Full fat cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g carnation caramel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 300ml double cream
- 200-275g Mars Bars, chopped small
- 50g chocolate, melted
- 50g carnation caramel
- whipped double cream
- 4x 33g Mars Bars, chopped into 3’s
1) Line your cake tin with grease proof paper
2) To make the cheesecake base, melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the melted butter and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Pour the biscuit base into the cake tin and press with the back of your spoon to even it out. Place in the fridge whilst your making the filling.
3) To make the cheesecake filling, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or in a microwave in short bursts until fully melted. Leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
4) With an electric mixer, whisk the cream cheese, icing sugar, carnation caramel and vanilla until smooth – whilst mixing pour in the melted chocolate and whip again until smooth.
5) Pour in the double cream and continue to whip the mixture until it is starting to thicken, a lot like mousse does. It won’t take too long as the chocolate will harden quickly and cause it to thicken.
6) Fold through the chopped Mars bars into the mixture – pour the mixture onto the biscuit base, smooth over, and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours or preferably overnight.
7) To decorate your cheesecake, remove the cheesecake from the tin, drizzle over the melted milk chocolate, drizzle over the carnation caramel, and decorate with some whipped cream and some pieces of Mars Bar!
Cut a slice, put your feet up and enjoy!