This week, it’s time for the co-owner of The Allerford Inn – Tim, who is more known as Tubs.
- What is your title?
Co-owner of The Allerford Inn & head chef.
- How long have you been working at The Allerford Inn?
- What are your responsibilities?
All the ordering, catering for buffets and functions, cooking the carvery…
- Do you enjoy your job & why?
Yes, because it’s rewarding, as in preparing food for customers and receiving good constructive feedback.
- What’s your favourite meal on the mean & why?
The carbonara, because I love Italian food.
- What was your job previous to working at The Allerford Inn?
Co-owner of The Nags Head Tavern.
- What do you think your strong points are?
Organisation and planning.
- What was your ultimate dream job?
To be a professional rugby player.
- What’s your favourite time of the year & why?
Autumn because the colour of trees and the free mornings.
- On a night out, what do you drink?
Thatchers or a good full body red wine.
- What song gets you up on the dance floor every time?
Opps upside your head most probably…
- What was/is your life goals?
Was to become a professional sports player and to be content in what I am doing.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch rugby and go travelling.
- What’s the best thing about working at The Allerford Inn?
Definitely the people.
- If you only had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
- What’s the one accomplishment you are most proud of?
*Thinking* Having to raise 3 lovely children.
- If I were to ask your current boss to tell me one thing you do that drives him crazy, what would he tell me?
I didn’t think I had a boss! Ha. He would probably say, discussing what’s happening in the day before having his morning coffee.
- What’s your biggest fear in life?
Um, that’s a good question…Having to give up driving.
- Do you have any phobias & what are they?
Very very confined tunnels/spaces but not claustrophobia but similar.
- Where would you like to be in 5 years time – in life, career etc.
Hopefully still alive haha! And to be in Italy.
- What do you least like about your job?
Putting away a big delivery of stock.
- What kind of personality do you work best with?
People who work well in teams and do what needs to done to complete the job.
- Have you enjoyed partaking in this interview?
Yes thank you, it’s been very amusing!