This week get to know our manager, Hazel
What is your job title?
How long have you been working at The Allerford Inn?
- Since we opened, but I have been working for Tom & Tm for 6 1/2 years!
What are your responsibilities?
- Managing the staff, doing the rotas etc.
Do you enjoy your job & if so why?
- Yes most of the time! As we have a great team here, and the customers are really nice.
What is your favourite meal on menu & why?
- I like a lot of the menu! Cajun chicken, curry and the steaks are lovely.
What was your job previous to working at The Allerford Inn?
- I worked for Tom & Tim at The Nags Head Tavern for 4 1/2 years.
What do you think your strong points are?
- I stay calm under pressure!
What is your ultimate dream job?
- I wanted to be a midwife, but now I think it would be nice to run/manage my own pub.
What’s your favourite season of the year & why?
- Summer – I hate being cold!
On a night out, what do you drink?
- Anything expect Sambuca or Jager.
What song gets you up on the dance floor every single time?
- Nothing unless I’m really drunk.
What are your life goals?
- To be comfortable money wise and to own my own home.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Read lots.
What’s the best thing about working at The Allerford Inn?
- It’s just a great place to work.
If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
What’s the one accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Having my 3 children.
If I was to ask your current boss to tell me one thing you do that drives him crazy, what would it be?
- Everything haha!
What’s your biggest in life?
- Don’t know really.
What are your weaknesses?
- I’m too soft!
Where would you like to be in 5 years time – in life, career etc?
- To own our own house, really.
What do you least enjoy about your job?
- Rotas, it’s a pain in the bum sometimes!
Can you give me an example of a time you felt you went above and beyond the call of the duty at work?
- Brought flowers out of my own money for a couple who booked and said it was their anniversary, left them on the table for them and made the table look nice.
What kind of personality do you work best with?
- Any really.
Have you enjoyed partaking in this interview?
- Yeah it was great, thanks.