This week is about Ellie…
- What is your job title?
Supervisor, events & social media manager.
- How long have you been working at The Allerford Inn?
Um, right from the beginning really. I was here helping to sort everything out prior to the official opening. So since Tim & Tom owned it.
- What are your responsibilities?
Opening & closing checks, making sure shifts run smoothly when the manager is not working, maintaining the lawns/ flowers in the spring/summer, blog posting, handling our Facebook page & emails, running events and making the ‘Cheesecake of the week’ each week.
- Do you enjoy your job & why?
Yes I do because I like meeting new people every day and the fact that though the big things are the same – how everyday is different.
- What’s your favourite meal on the menu & why?
Mmm, this is a hard one… I’d have to say the Hunter’s chicken but without the BBQ sauce as I don’t like BBQ sauce but I like the hunters chicken because the whole dish just goes together.
- What was your previous job to working at The Allerford Inn?
Working full time at The Nags Head Tavern.
- What do you think your strong points are?
Organisation, being under pressure, working as a team or by myself and being a list writer haha.
- What is your ultimate dream job?
Mmm, to own or be apart of multiple businesses in this trade / plus a hotel side as well.
- What is your favourite time of year & why?
To be honest I love each season and how everything changes, I love summer for the long evenings & BBQs but then I love winter for the cosy clothes, log burners & carnival…
- On a night out, what do you drink?
It would of been Disaronno and coke but I have discovered the love of spiced rum & coke.
- What song gets you up on the dance floor every time?
Well any good song really, if there is music & a dance floor – I’ll be dancing haha
- What are you life goals?
To be married, have children, to have a lovely home and to be successful.
- What do you like to do in spare time?
Babysit my two nephews, play on Simms 4, chill with my fiancé and 3 dogs.
- What’s the best thing about working at The Allerford Inn?
Working with my fiancé most of all, but I like the customers and working as a team.
- If you only had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
Oh gosh, um, passionate.
- What’s the one accomplishment you are most proud of & why?
Being able to care for Granddad when he was ill – to have that time with him and to be able to give him good care.
- If I was to ask your current boss to tell me one thing you do that drives him crazy, what would it be?
Probably not being able to take criticism.
- What’s your biggest fear in life?
Loosing those closet to me.
- Do you have an phobias and if so, what are they?
Spiders, snakes and horror films ha!
- Where would you like to be in 5 years time – in life, career, etc.?
To be married and to had have at least 1-2 children and to have moved up the ladder in the profession.
- What do you least like about your job?
Not a lot really, quiet days probably.
- Can you give me an example of a time you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work?
Probably staying till the very early hours of the morning to help with the flooded car park.
- How would you describe your work style?
I do what has to be done to get the job the done.
- What kind of personality do you work best with?
- Have you enjoyed partaking in this interview?
Yes, thank you, it’s been fun actually 🙂